Friday, February 8, 2013

Race cars!

Was on a race car mode for about two weeks in January. It started with a request for a friend's husband's 40th birthday. She asked for a race car and supplied photos of her husband's remote controlled race car model.

Took me about a week to look through photos of other balloon artists' works and trying out on my own. I got frustrated because I couldn't get the body to look right. I nearly gave up. My husband said that maybe I should just keep it simple. So, off I went to find a simple race car design. There are many video tutorials and pictures and I came up with this cartoony car :


Somehow, the simplicity of it clicked and got some parts of my brains connected and managed to deliver a pretty cool race car in time. This car is a normal pillow length long and 3 soft pillows high. Added a remote control. You can see it in the 2nd picture. The car stands at half the height of my sofa!


Funny thing is, for the following 3-4 days after making the car, all that I could remember was the tyres/wheels. Even now, when I think of race cars, I think of the wheels. I like them the best!

This race car is by no means an award winning one and I can see areas for improvement. But it certainly brought out the creativity and adrenalin in me! Made it in a day - about 4 hours during the day with children interrupting me and a full 4 hours at night. The 4 hours during the day could've just been an hour without children trying to help.

Next time when you have a birthday or anniversary or a celebration, let me know! I would like to make something special for that special day of yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment