Sunday, February 3, 2013

Huggable Dragon


I was working on a dragon design and here's the transformation progress.

This little creature came up first and my then 4 y.o. could tell me that it's either a dinosaur or a dragon. My husband said that it's too cute to be a dragon, but nonetheless, a cutie.



I wasn't totally happy with it and so made the wings bigger (dragons do fly, don't they?), same coloured feet and a different colour for the belly. So these two  are the same, one in a sitting position, another in the flying position.





















Someone mentioned a yoshi dinosaur, I looked it up and made something based on the picture. It's not a yoshi, but I like this dragon version the best. It looks more like a dragon than the previous ones and so much more volume to it. I call it the Huggable Dragon.



Perhaps when I get the time and skills have improved a bit more, I'll give the Chinese dragon a go. It's a more complex design compared to the Western one, but I'm sure it'll be a wonderful piece of balloon art. Till then, I'll keep twisting and learning and hone my skills. It will be a project shelved for attempt sometime down the road in my balloon twisting journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment