Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Balloon cubes

I've seen these balloon cubes around and only recently found out how they were done. I gave it a go using balloon scraps . It was a practice, but it somehow turned out into this fun little balloon cushion that the girls had fun taking turns to sit on!

I'm still not too sure how the geometry of it works, but it was fun to see it turn into a shape!

The balloon rounds really make the whole thing very stable and firm. I have to get the sizing of the cubes and round balloons accurate to make it sturdier. 

My 5 y.o. has been asking me to make a balloon sofa for them and I think we are not too far from it. :) Perhaps it can be done in the near future!


The finished product :





My girls taking turns to sit on it :



2 comments:

  1. Wow you have some very good quality balloons. They don't burst when they sit on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few quality manufacturers and I only buy from them. They cost a little more than the supermarket ones, but last longer.

      The round balloons really hold them steady, otherwise it's just holes and will just collapse.

      Delete