Sunday, July 7, 2013

Bride and Groom

This is the first time I've attempted to make a bride and groom out of balloons. Actually, out of anything. It was a fun experience and a rather challenging one for me. Looked at quite a lot of other balloon brides and grooms online and had an idea of what they should look like.

As with all other skills, the more one practices, the better one gets. I think I do get better at every twist, but for my skill level now and my understanding of how balloons work, this couple was a challenge.

From the imagining to actually making them gave me lots to think about and calculate. They didn't come out as how I had imagined, but close enough.

Gave it a first go to see how it look. You can't quite see the hairdo of the bride here, but it was very sparse. And they don't stand very well. But I love the way I can make the faces touch as though they were kissing! My husband said that the groom's hat will look better if it was a top hat.




 And this is the FINAL product for our friends who were wedded over the weekend! I'm so in love with this couple! Made a top hat as my husband suggested and some other minor changes.


I'm thankful for search engines and balloon twisters all over the world who have shared their photos! They have certainly made life a lot easier for me in making this wedding couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment