Monday, October 7, 2013

Captain Barnacles and a happy balloon boy

A good friend of ours invited us to celebrate her son's 5th birthday and I made these two balloons for him.

Did Captain Barnacles first, because I really wanted to make one for him. Had to educate myself on what he looks like. I've never watched the show before and had no clue what it was about, other than it involves astronaut-looking things.

Anyway, he was a challenge. Will probably be easier if I had a large white round balloon for his head. But, I didn't have it. Surprisingly, the whole twisting of the character wasn't difficult. The challenge was resting the head and the body nicely against each other. I made them separately. Took 3 tries to get the head to sit upright and not tilt itself off the collar.

The other birthday buddy was made on impulse. I woke up thinking that I want to make another balloon and decided to make this birthday boy. Thanks to Bonnie, the Balloon Lady for the thunder thighs inspiration!


We had a lovely time at the party, enjoying pizzas and fish and chips and just catching up with one another. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment