Sunday, October 13, 2013

Birthday favours for friends

Had the pleasure of making 29 frog bracelets for a 5y.o.'s birthday for his friends and teachers. It was supposed to be 25 of them, but I always make a few extras just in case of popping or new friends, or well, someone's little sibling wanted one too. The teachers had rainbow headbands instead of frogs.

I had much fun with this lot of gifts. Took me about 4 hours and was aching all over, but I had a lot of fun. Not many people will think churning out the same sculpture as fun, but I made it so, timing myself with each sculpture. The first hour was the longest, with each frog taking 8-10 mins to complete. By the 2nd hour, I could make each one within 7mins. The third hour was the toughest, feeling like a failure because of the lengthy time it takes to make one. But by the fourth hour, I was churning them out at 5-6 mins flat! Woo-hoo!

I think that's where the fun part comes about - knowing that the first two hours of ploughing along is worth it.

It's the same with all other techniques and skills. It takes practice. And, this is what I tell fascinated folks who ask me how I am able to do what I do. Practice. Lots of it.

These 25 frogs made my day. I was proud of myself and proud of them.

Delivered them and was very glad to see the birthday boy's face light up at the big bag of balloons for his friends!

So, anytime you want something different for your birthday favours, drop me an email at balloonaholic@gmail.com and we'll work something out. :)


Frog bracelets. Took a sample photo. Just imagine that there were 29 of them. Slight modification from ChiTwist's frog tutorial on youtube.


Rainbow headbands for the teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment