Saturday, March 2, 2013

Swinging fun

It has been raining for the last month or so and the park has been out of bounds to my children.

Today while hanging up clothes on my clothes airers, my 5 y.o. laid her teddy bear on the connecting beads on our blinds and pretended that it was a swing. At that, I remember seeing a swing made of balloons somewhere on the internet.

I can't remember what I looks like or who made it or where I saw it, but the idea stuck. So I made one on this rainy day today! It actually swings if you push it.

The trouble with this is that it doesn't quite stand properly. After a few swings, it tends to lean to one side and topple over. I can't hold the weight of anything bigger than this little dog. Might have to use two balloons for each side of the frame instead. And will need to have a bar across the bottom of the swing loops to keep them apart.


No comments:

Post a Comment