Saturday, December 22, 2012

Giraffe Column

My first attempt at making a column with no base plate and stick support. Made do with a box of gravels and a dowel standing on the lid held down with hot glue and tape.



My first time having a balloon within a balloon and learnt something new!
1. The inner balloon actually acts as a stopper and the outer balloon will not deflate if I left the balloon sitting at the neck.
2. I have mastered the art of tying an inflated balloon with only one hand!




Halfway there...



Took me a good 2.5 hrs to do it. Asked my daughter what she'd like to have for her birthday and she said a giraffe. I wanted to make her something big and decided on this. I'm sure it'll take less time if I had better experience, but nobody starts off with experience anyway and I'm very happy with the final result.

It stood at our front door and everyone who came through had a wow! for it! Secretly pleased and excited to hear compliments. If you would like to add any suggestions to improve on it, do feel free to do so.

In the meantime, till the next column comes up, I'll be in search for base plates and stick attachments.



 Nearly there.. Just need a few finishing touches and to cover up the open spaces.


Final product at night.


Final product during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment