Sunday, October 28, 2012

Big Bear Head - Rabbit

Was looking at Shonna Flanigan's Big Bear Head designs on Facebook and wanted to try them.

The main problem was getting the balloon heads to blow up properly. I could get the air into one ear but not the other and had to squeeze and pump to even out the air. But did a quick search online and trusty youtube directed me to a video of how Shonna blows hers up. Really have to start right up from the ears.

Only had time to experiment with one design today, so here it is, a rabbit :



The wonderful thing about this balloon is that it works both ways with the ears on top or bottom. I like my rabbit with the 260Q as the ears (top photo), but my eldest prefers to have it the other way round (bottom photo).

Once I got the hang of blowing it up, it really is a very quick and easy means of making characters. Wonderful for line work or at busy times. But it is quite an expensive balloon compared to the 260s.

Edit : This photo below is what my daughter and I could agree upon this morning and I added in the features. Hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment