Saturday, November 9, 2013

Market day challenges!

Interesting start to the market today. Arrived at location only to find that I was not on the list! The staff on site had to find a spot to accommodate me. That's market life for you. :) Especially for casual leases like me, it's easy to miss our booking.

Nevertheless, it was a wonderful morning. I was set up beside a coffee truck and in the fruits and vegetables section.

Had two boys challenged me to a dragon and guess what, I just made one a couple of days ago! I just simplified it for them. They sat in front of me, under the sun and watched while I made it up. They asked questions and told me about their amazing balloon inflating skills with the round balloons. This was what I came up with for them and stuck it onto a balloon stick for them to fly it around. It lasted for about 1.5hrs before the legs got pulled apart by one of their siblings.


Had a little girl wanting a balloon and the grandma said that they would wait for grandpa to come and ask for permission. The little girl got a horse and I was asked a question I never thought anyone would ask. Grandma asked where the money goes to and I was taken aback for a minute before replying that it comes to me. After they had left, I reckon I should have said that it goes to feeding my family and paying bills. Next time. :)

Made myself a poppy flower headband. It was for Remembrance Day on Monday.






No comments:

Post a Comment